Side Mirror cameras | Advantage & Disadvantage | Pros & Cons :- Friends, you must have heard one thing that change is the rule of the world and this thing seems to be applicable to us humans as well as cars. These days the regular old side mirrors of cars are being replaced with camera mirrors. In view of this, many people are eager to know about camera mirrors.
Today the feature is becoming more and more popular – with the likes of Honda E and Hyundai Ioniq 5. If mirror cameras get the nod from the US government though, they’ll become even more prevalent in EVs since some manufacturers, most notably Tesla, have been long-standing supporters of mirror cameras.
Mirror cameras Pros / Advantage
- They offer better aerodynamics.
- Less wind noise.
- Cameras are more compact than a regular mirror.
- Better efficiency.
- Elimination of blindspots.
- Mirror cameras offer a more minimalistic and futuristic look.
Mirror cameras Cons / Disadvantages
- Expensive to buy and replace.
- Since cameras are more complex than simple mirrors.
- Footage they provide can still be grainy or blurry, especially in poor lighting conditions.
- Display placement inside the vehicle. Most carmakers opt to put displays on the side doors, so they won’t break with driver habits to look sideways.
- Bad for drivers with poor eyesight.
Read Also :-
- GAC Aion introduces the Hyper SSR, a supercar that can do 0-100 km/h in 1.9s
- Voyah Free is a Chinese EV Which Claimed 730 Km of Range